I guess the question shouldn't be where did I go today, but more like where didn't I go today. Let's start at the beginning.
First, I went to the Museum of Fine Arts, or as many here know it, the MFA. I had been to the MFA before, but, it is Museums on Us Month for Bank of America cardholders, so how could I resist? I realized after walking around for some time that the last time I went, I missed a whole half of the museum. Luckily for me, as I wandered the place alone, I found the other half, because it ended up having some really beautiful things, like this piece:
This is an Etruscan sarcophagus that symbolizes the undying love between man and wife. On the sides, scenes from their wedding would be depicted, and on top, as shown, is a likeness of them, embracing each other, symbolizing their undying love for each other. Of everything I looked at today, this piece really spoke to me the most. Just the way they are staring into each others eyes made my heart melt.
After spending a few hours at the museum, I took the T to Somerville for a little business and then headed back towards the main part of the city. I decided to get off the Red Line at Charles/MGH and walk around near the Charles River because it was nice out and I never really walked around there.
The sun reflected so beautifully on the water, and all the sailboats made the whole thing look really pretty. I had a nice little walk from there, towards the Museum of Science, where next thing you know, I was looking at the Zakim/Bunker Hill Bridge (one of my favorite Boston landmarks) and helping an 85 year old woman put a wheelchair into the trunk of her car.
And once I was there, I figured I should just keep walking. And so next thing you know, I was down in Quincy Market, and then up at Government Center, and then I figured it was nice out and I might as well walk to Downtown Crossing to get on the T and at that point, I realized I had been wandering all around the city. I took the T to JFK/UMass to meet up with Samantha and since she wasn't done in the library quite yet, I wondered some more, walking over to one of my other favorite places in Boston, the JFK Library, situated in Boston Harbor/Columbia Point right next to UMass Boston. I went to the Kennedy Library last year during Museums on Us Month, you can see pictures in previous posts. There is a great little path that leads around the grounds and harbor and as the sun began to go down, it was quite lovely. When I went around the back, I realized that JFK's sailboat wasn't there, but perhaps they only put it out when the weather gets warmer.
The sun was so bright as it came down shining off the glass of the building, with the Boston skyline slightly to the right. It was a great little walk to end my day of wandering Boston alone trying to clear the mind. Now if only the mind would have cleared, we would be in business, but I had a nice time none the less.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home