a picture a day...

i like photos.

Thursday, October 12, 2006



About three weeks ago, I had the extreme pleasure of attending the Red Sox game where David Ortiz hit his 51st and 52nd homeruns of the season, making Red Sox history. It was very exciting and I was happy to be there on such a historical day. However, what meant more to me in some respects, was the fact that I was able to attend one last game before the Sox let go of Trot Nixon. Nixon, who happens to be my favorite Red Sox player, is more than likely going to be off the team and not returning to Beantown next year. This makes me sad, as although I will admit he is getting older and is more and more injury prone and no longer makes the impact he use to, he has still been with the organization since he was drafted in 1993 in some shape or form and as my favorite, I will be sad to see him go. This post is for you Trot, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter