Day 1, Part 1
So, we departed Boston on July 4th and landed in London on July 5th. From there, we rented a car, which, was an experience. My father managed to quickly learn how to drive on the opposite side of the road while sitting in what us Americans see as the passenger seat. We drove a little over an hour down to Dover, known for the famed White Cliffs of Dover, where we killed time for about an hour waiting to board our Sea France ferry to Calais. We were so impressed with cute, quaint, little sea-side Dover that we decided on our journey back home, we'd have to stop again, mostly to see this:

Dover Castle (more to follow) as well as the famed White Cliffs of Dover, absolutely fabulous.
It was the second time I had been to England and the first time I had been out of London and I was really excited to see some English countryside. From here, we boarded our Ferry and made our way to France! More tomorrow about that....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home