a picture a day...

i like photos.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day 2 - The Ardeche portion begins

By Friday we finally reached the Ardeche, a region in Southern France where my cousin Mary has a second home. It's mostly a mountainous area that the Rhone River flows through as well it borders the Alps. Our journey started off a little hairy, as our mapquest directions to Saint-Christol weren't exactly the best route, and we found ourselves in our British car climbing and descending some scary-ass mountain roads while other cars whizzed by. I won't lie, there were a few times I thought we might die. But, then again, at least we had views like this:



In St. Christol, we stayed in this cute little bed & breakfast type of place Le Moulinage. It was super cute and the landscape around it was beautiful.



Since my cousin's house was built in the 1600's, I venture to guess that the Moulinage was as well, and if not, well that's the story I'm going with.

Soon - more from the Ardeche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter